Theres nothing I like better than an afternoon looking for bargains in charity shops. I have been known to purchase items of clothing just to cut up and make into something else and am allways on the lookout for vintage bits and bobs. My latest find was this lovely J&G Meakin coffee pot which dates from the 60's. I've been on the look out for a Meakin coffee set for a while, but only like some of the designs and this was one of them and with a price tag of £3 I couldn't resist! I saw another set today with bright pink and orange on white, with coffee cups and a milk jug and was sorely tempted, so watch this space...
I also brought some knitting patterns for a few pennies the other day, I love the ones from the sixties and seventies with their over enthusiastic models. There seems to have been an obsession as well for matching outfits for the whole family!
I love your 70s tea pot! Somehow they always look so elegant! The print is fab! It is getting harder to find Meakin in old London town!x
ReplyDelete