Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Odd dolls











I've still been keeping my eye out for more dolls heads but haven't seen any strange enough really, to add to my collection yet. I did come across these three very odd dolls though...The rag doll with the furry hair was made in the 1960's or 70's I think. She has bendy limbs but no proper hands or feet, they just taper off at the ends. Her little baby doll style dress is made from a really soft new buck suede which has a little velvet bow. 'A' and I have named her Twiggy!
The other two date back to the 1950's and were originally made for hanging on the rear view mirror of your car. They have wooden heads and you can bend them into shape, though they're not as bendy as Twiggy. The skier's hair is still a really vivid shocking pink colour and I love the green felt sweater that the othe one is wearing. We were thinking of calling these two Doris and Delores,two very 50's sounding names!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thankyou for visiting my blog